Tuesday, January 10, 2006

First things first, I have hired a new assistant. Actually, I decided to go through a temp agency since everyone is quasi-busy with this whole "Apocalypse is trying to conquer the world thing" again. If you ask me, you need to start small because you can't expect your first try to work out. It takes centuries of practice and patience. Take me for example....First I start by brainwashing thousands of people and become their goddess. Second, you join an evil organization bent on global domination. Third, you TAKE over that organization after amassing an army of millions from your own country that you have ruled over for thousands of years. It's all very simple really.

OK, back to my assistant drama. I got a phone call yesterday morning from the temp agency, it went something like this...

"Hello, this is Shantel calling from 'Evil sidekicks Inc,' may I speak to a Ms. Selena"

Me- "That's 'Selene' you rodent! Have you never heard of the all powerful Moon goddess worshiped in ancient Greece and Rome!"

"Gurrrl please....You be trippin....it aint no BC times anymore. Don't no one worship yer ass nomore"

Me- "I am well aware of the current year! However, time is of no importance to an immortal! To me, that was nothing more than a Wednesday! Now speak before I decide to take my business elsewhere!"

"Well, based on the compatibility chart you filled out, we have decided that a Madelyne Pryor would suit your needs best"

Me- "WHAT! I have already hired her once before. That little DNA clone reject backstabbed me last time...why would I hire her again! Also, I thought she was dead."

"Oh, this isn't the same Madelyne Pryor. The woman you are referring to was actually from an alternate reality, but even then she was only a cyborg-clone made by a race of squid-people. As you can see...she is COMPLETELY different. If you like, we can have her sent to you in 2 business days"

Me- "Hmmm, that makes sense, send her over."

So yes...I have a new assistant in my life. It appears I will be able to relax more now. Perhaps I should lend my Goddess presence to help defeat Apocalypse. But I do agree with Xavier, I would rather let the drama unfold and see where this all goes. Since 'Project Runway' isn't on until tomorrow night...I need to get my daily dose of drama somewhere...

9 Comments:

Blogger Gaia said...

Actually, Selene was never really wildly worshiped in Greek or Roman mythology or in history for that matter. She was part of a Golden Age where the titans ruled which did not last long. As Artemis (or Diana in Roman mythology) came in to play, Selene became less and less popular as the cresent moon goddess.

Just thought you'd like to know...

4:31 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

Oh, and she wasn't very powerful either...she just was an embodiment of the crescent moon.

Just moving across the sky every once in a while...

4:34 PM  
Blogger Selene said...

Oh Gaia, I think you are forgetting one minor detail...I was there! Unless my memory is slipping (which it isn't) I recall being worshipped as a Moon Goddess. After I got tired of that, I let Artemis take over the Moon. I have ruled many countries and assumed many other names since then. Google it sweetheart! :)

4:48 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

It's funny what similar tastes in shows we have. I also love Project Runway. That Santino is a total freak and there is no way he's going to win. He's just way too Zod.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Selene said...

I am rooting for Diana to win Project Runway...anyone that makes a hoodie sweater with a built in camera that's connected to a heart moniter deserves to win. I'm guessing that Nick will walk away a winner though.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

I've never seen Project Runway. I don't have cable TV, the Colonial Marines would issue it to me if I were supposed to have it.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Looks like Santino slipped by under the wire again. I think that's the second time the producers have stepped in to keep him in the show. I've noticed a disclaimer at the end that the winners and losers are chosen based on both the judges voting and input from the producers. They obviously don't want to lose such a dynamic controversial character.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Selene said...

Well, there is no doubt in my mind that Santino is a great designer...but he can't take direction at all! I've also seen that "disclaimer" in the credits too...If they want drama, just bring me on the show! I would shake things up a bit!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I don't know if "like" is the right word. He is interesting though. He's full of himself and very condescending. He brings a lot of color to the show.

Last week was pretty good because it started off with Zeluma, the previous week's winner, making 3 models do a walk off. Then she takes one of the other contestant's model and he's really distressed. Zeluma wound up doing a pretty mediocre piece that was poorly constructed and she got the boot. Poetic justice.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home